You think your kitty is the cat's meow-- except when she's climbing the drapes, ruining the furniture, eating the plants, or exhibiting any of her bad behaviors. So how do you effectively discipline this sensitive, change-resistant animal without humiliating her, harming her feline psyche, or having her fear you? NO, KITTY!, from author and animal behaviorist Steve Duno, is your ultimate A-Z guide to correcting and preventing troublesome cat behaviors, from aggression to timidity and everything in between.
* A comprehensive listing of the fifty most common feline behavioral problems-- and specific modification techniques for fixing each one
* Ideas about environmental conditions that may be causing your pet's unwanted behavior
* Insight into the feline psyche to understand why your cat is acting out
* An indispensable overview of basic feline needs, desires, and instincts
* The "Ten Commandments" of cat ownership every cat-lover needs to know
* And many more ways to understand your cat, keep her happy and healthy, and keep your own sanity intact.
Ralph outdoes himself again in this picture book of wedding bliss and bedlam.
It's Aunt Martha's wedding day and Sarah is the flower girl, but Ralph is determined to turn this celebration into an event only our favorite rotten cat could enjoy. He begins by wrapping the wedding gift with that special Ralph flair, then selecting some choice "petals" for Sarah to spread over the guests. After a riotous ceremony, he tops the day by wreaking havoc at the reception.
"Oh, Ralph you were so rotten," bemoans Sarah. Is there anything that cat will do to make her happy? You'll be surprised...
CAT FANCY Magazine AUG 1988 w/Poster BASIC TRAINING FOR YOUR CAT
|$2.50 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Friday May-24-2013 12:39:31 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $3.30
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Wednesday Jun-12-2013 10:17:09 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $150.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
As part of the popular Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Consult series, this unique manual is designed as a quick reference for veterinarians and students alike. Information is readily available in a practical and easy-to-use format, with topics organized alphabetically for easy reference. Coverage includes typical problem behaviors in dogs and cats, such as various types of aggression, anxiety, fear, soiling and marking, vocalizing, and destructive behaviors. Appendices provide additional resources on psychopharmacology, learning and behavior modification, and client handouts, while an accompanying CD-ROM offers electronic versions of handouts for easy use.
- Chapters are written in a clear, concise manner, making it easy for the reader to fully comprehend the different behavior patterns in cats, including:
- Neurologic and sensory behavior
- Communicative behavior
- Social behavior
- Sexual behavior
- Ingestive hehavior
- Eliminative behavior
- Locomotive behavior
- Grooming behavior
- A new section has been added to Introduction to Feline Behavior (Chapter 1), entitled Introduction to Drug and Behavior Therapy.
Each chapter is devoted to a study of a particular emotion, ranging from love to playfulness to anger. While there are interesting tidbits of animal science, such as "cats look away or blink when feeling friendly," the majority of the book revolves around the author's observations of his own pets. When he suggests answers for mysterious behavior like the grooming that instantly turns into a bloodthirsty brawl, he is never absolute, but merely offers one among many possible explanations. Kind and thoughtful, Masson's entertaining tales and wise musings will be appreciated by any cat fancier. --Jill Lightner
Cats are clever animals and are often hopelessly under-stimulated in indoor life. This book shows cat owners how to nurture their cat both in body and mind and how to teach them a variety of different tricks and exercises using clicker training in a cat-friendly way. Great fun for owner and cat, this guide walks owners through planning and preparing training; explains the three paths to the perfect trick: shaping, luring, and capturing; and demonstrates how to smooth the path to the first tricks. It covers such easy tricks as begging, jumping over an obstacle, rolling over, and washing; offers solutions to possible difficulties, and includes directions for trick training with more than one cat.
- Ideal solution to keeping pets in and unwanted critters out. We do not recommend electric fencing for any dog under 15 lbs or under 6 months old.
- Contains an energizer, 10-23” PVC fence poles, 1-22” ground rod, 100 feet of aluminum, 50 cotter pins for fastening wire, 1 ground clamp and 2 extra fuses
- 1 mile range in ideal conditions
- 1 year limited warranty on the included fence energizer
- The SS-750RPX fence kit is for dogs from 15 lbs and above. We do not recommend electric fencing for any dog under 15 lbs or under 6 months old
This kit offers a safe way to train your pets and protect your gardens from unwanted critters. View larger.
The Havahart Electric Fence Kit is perfect for containing your pets, and for training them to stay out of certain areas. The electric fence delivers a mild shock that won't hurt your pet while providing correction to teach them where the off-limit parts of the yard are. The same fence will also keep unwanted small animals out, protecting your flowers, shrubbery, gardens, and trash. Please note that the fence is designed for dogs 15 pounds or more, and over 6 months old.
Provides Up to 1 Mile of Fencing
This kit comes with everything you need to power up to 1 mile of electric fencing. It includes an energizer, ten 23-inch PVC fence poles, a 22-inch ground rod, 50 cotter pins for fastening the wire, a ground clamp, and two extra fuses. The kit also includes 100 feet of aluminum wire, and additional wire can easily be added.
The Havahart Electric Fence Kit is backed by a manufacturer's one-year limited warranty.
What's in the Box
Energizer, 10 fence poles, ground rod, 50 cotter pins, ground clamp, 2 extra fuses, 100 feet of aluminum wire, and instructions.